Waffles are undoubtedly, one of the most photogenic breakfast items out there. The golden crisp and the textures, drizzled with syrup and fresh berries or chocolate chips…Mmm.
I bought a waffle iron a while back but felt like I didn’t use it enough so I decided to make a scrumptious breakfast. I’m not one for fresh berries but what the heck, I’ll do it for the photo #allforthelikes.
Here’s a recipe I used off the internet from allrecipe.com, tweaked to our tasting.
1. Wash and dry the berries.
2. Use a kitchen towel and wipe down the iron inside the waffle iron.
3. Turn on and preheat the waffle iron to the desired temperature.
1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a hand-mixer until it’s fluffy.
2. Next, add the all purpose flour, salt, baking powder,vegetable oil, vanilla extra,milk and sugar with a hand mixer.
3. Beat till the mixture has a smooth and thick consistency
4. Use the measuring cup for 1 cup (a little less than full) and scoop up a portion of the mixture and place it directly in the center of the waffle iron and put down the lid to rest
5. Set a timer for 5 minutes and let the waffle cook until golden and crisp. (I say 5 minutes because sometimes the waffle isn’t cooked all the way through even when the waffle’s timer turns green, and you want that nice crisp!)
6. Remove the waffle, sprinkle some fresh berries on top and using a sift, sift some powdered sugar on top and drizzle the maple syrup over.
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram and tag me at @pixelrecipes.