What comes to mind when you go to an Italian restaurant and you’re thinking of getting an appetizer to snack on before your main arrives? For me, I immediately go to my favourites like flatbreads and bruschetta.
Ever since I started working my 3month gig, I’ve been sapped of energy everyday after work and I just don’t really feel like cooking so putting together bruschetta makes for a quick and tasty appetizer.
I’m a big fan of bold and strong flavours, so this is my recipe for balsamic bruschetta, seasoned the way I like it.
1. Set the oven on 350 Degrees Fahrenheit and proceed to slicing your baguette into 1/2 inch-ish thick slices
2. Slice the fresh basil leaves and cilantro into fine thin slices
3. Mince 1 of the garlic cloves, and remove the skin/shell of the other.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and set aside
1. Put the sliced breads into the oven for about 5 minutes, until toasted well.
2. In a mixing bowl, pour the freshly sliced herbs (basil leaves and cilantro) and minced garlic in.
3. Pour in the balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and finally, the cherry tomatoes.
4. Mix well, taste and pour in more salt/pepper/sugar depending on your taste preferences.
5. Remove the slice bread out of the oven and rub the garlic clove over the hot bread, giving it a great aroma and garlic flavour to make the bread POP.
6. Scoop the mixture out of the mixing bowl, being careful to not take too much balsamic vinegar, and spread it over the bread.
7. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the bread.
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram and tag me at @pixelrecipes.