Soup has always been one of my favourite dish, I used to drink soup every morning during work and it just provided enough substance until lunch time.
Depending on what type of soup you make, it could take a while but in general, making soup doesn’t take too much effort and it ends up tasting great.
Here’s a quick way to make creamy delicious potato and leek soup. I added crushed bacon right out of the oven to provide that crunch texture.
1. Wash and cut the leek and chop it into smaller chunks. It doesn’t have to be too small, just small enough that it can go into the blender.
2. Wash the potatoes and peel the skin (optional, I left mine on, just make sure you scrub it well)
3. Cut the potatoes into smaller chunks.
4. Put 3-5 bacon strips into the oven to bake.
1. In a medium sized saucepan, turn the stove on to medium-high and put the 1/4 stick of Salted Butter in.
2. After the butter’s melted, put in the chopped leeks and stir, making sure to separate them from their many layers.
3. Put the lid on and wait for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then tossing in the potatoes in, putting the lid back on.
4. Pour in 1/2 cup of table cream in, stir the leek and potato a bit and put the lid on for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked, leave the mixture aside to cool down for about 5 minutes, then pour it into a blender and blend until it’s a thick, smooth consistency.
6. Pour the soup back into the saucepan, and put the remaining 1/2 cup of cream in, stirring and sprinkling in the salt and pepper to taste.
7. Take the bacon and crush it into bits, sprinkling them on top of the soup and finally cracking some black pepper over the bowl.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you!Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram and tag me at @omnomnomies