I love potlucks. I love having people over and cooking for them and seeing them enjoy my food. What did I learn from cooking the x number of potlucks I’ve either been to or hosted? I learnt that people friggin’ love my lemon chicken dish.
They love it so much that they scrap that dish clean and that, that makes me feel amazing. I think that’s why I love cooking, seeing the people I cook for enjoy it and talk about it.
I decided to share this recipe because sharing is caring. Not only is this dish really simple, it’s also so healthy and cheap to make! Talk about a win-win situation.The original recipe uses cilantro but it seems some people don’t like cilantro, so I changed it to spring onions (How can people not like cilantro,omg) Now, let’s get to the recipe!
1. Dice the spring onions.
2. Take a big saucepan out, fill it with enough water to cover your chicken drumsticks and leave it to boil with 3 Tbsp of kosher salt
1. Once the water has started to boil in the saucepan, put in the chicken drumsticks in and leave it to boil.
2. Let it boil till the skin and meat’s practically hanging off the bones. This will take about 20m or less ( I leave it as long as I can so I know it’s fully cooked and soft)
3. When the chicken’s done, take it out of the sauce pan and leave it to cool down on a plate.
4. Begin by tearing the chicken into bite-sized chunks/strips.
5. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken and massage it into the meat.
6. Sprinkle the spring onions, chicken powder,salt and black pepper over the meat, massage it into the meat.
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you!Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram and tag me at @pixelrecipes.