Thai cuisine has always been one of my favourites due to the fact that I’m a huge fan of spicy food and bold flavours. Pad Kra Pow is one of the common dishes one would see in street stalls in the streets of Thailand and one of the easiest dish you can make at home. Screwing up is so hard, I know, I’ve tried. Not intentionally of course, but accidental sprinkling of sesame oil thinking it was fish oil and cooking it after made me realize that it actually adds to the flavour.
1. Get the rice cooking for however many people you need it for .
2. Start dicing your fresh basil leaves, onions and thai chilli peppers.
3. In a bowl, put in the minced pork and marinade it with the oyster sauce, fish oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and thai chili peppers.
1. In a medium sized pan, turn the heat to medium-high and put in a little bit of oil and let it heat. Stir in the diced onions and let it brown a bit.
2. Stir in the bowl of minced meat and let it cook until it’s almost done, then put in the sugar. (I find that this helps to coat it with a slight bit of sweet glaze.)
3. Toss in the basil leaves and stir until cooked.
4. In a mini frying pan, begin frying up some sunny side up eggs, making sure you don’t overcook it so you can get nice runny yolk.
5. Once the rice is done, plate it, put the meat on top followed by the egg.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you!Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram and tag me at @omnomnomies